Do you have a passion for software development? Do you like to work with dynamic teams? Do you have a spirit of initiative? Then you’re in the right place.
As Playground’s new Backend Developer, you will work in a team composed of a Project Manager, Graphic Designers, and Copywriters. You will actively contribute to the proposing and developing of innovative ideas on projects with major brands.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Development, maintenance, and evolution of software applications in PHP environment.
- Knowledge and configuration of ecommerce flows (catalog management, promotions, payments, invoicing, reporting, etc) on major ecommerce platforms (Magento 2, Shopware, Shopify), and custom platforms.
- Integration of external services based on API.
- Integration of backend functionalities on Wordpress.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented programming (OOP) in PHP.
- Excellent knowledge of Laravel PHP framework.
- Excellent knowledge of MySQL database and SQL language.
- Excellent knowledge of version control tools (ideally Git).
- Good knowledge of WordPress core and plugins.
- Security competency in APACHE/PHP/MySQL.
- Familiarity with control panels for hosting and domains (cpanel, directadmin).
- In-depth knowledge of of the Mac environment.
- Preferred series: MacGyver.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of standard web languages (Html5, XHTML, and CSS3) and knowledge of responsive libraries (Bootstrap, Foundation).
- Knowledge of jQuery library and at least one of the major frameworks (eg: Vue, React, Angular, etc).
What we offer:
- Full-time employment contract.
- Training courses aimed at enriching your professional skills.
- Participation in conferences and industry events.
- Mac computer at your workstation.
- Internal canteen area with fridges, microwaves, and toaster.
- Chillout areas with games, table football, ping-pong, musical instruments, and more.
- A cool Welcome Kit.
Who we are
Playground is a Milan-based, independent digital agency born in 2006. We are a close-knit, multicultural team (40 people and counting) of creatives, developers, and marketers.
Our main areas of focus are:
- Development and execution
Our purpose is to make meaningful impact for our clients’ businesses – be it ambitious organizations or world-class brands like The North Face, Inter F.C, Vans, Salewa, Timberland, Superdry, and Napapijri.
We principally work with our clients’ owned media, managing their editorial plan and content production for social and paid media through videos, motion graphics, 2D/3D modeling, and animations.
Our HQ is in Cernusco sul Naviglio, Milan, reachable by the M2 Metro (green line).