You will work in the Development team managing projects for national and international brands, from marketing pages, microsites and institutional websites to eCommerce and gaming experiences.
You will be the technical reference for the agency's backend development team (which currently includes 3 people). You'll guide, listen and understand problems and proactively suggest solutions in line with the company's objectives for quality and innovation.
We are looking for a collaborative, organised, goal-oriented person with a solid technical background.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Coordinate the back-end team and guide them technically by improving production standards in line with agency requirements (processes, methodologies, documentation, technologies, etc.);
- Contribute to the growth of the back-end team by providing technical expertise/experience and sharing effective working methods;
- Evaluate the introduction of new technologies;
- Actively monitor production output quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the team;
- Help outline training and growth plans for the back-end team;
- Support the HR team in the technical assessment of the team and operational issues of training, development and recruitment;
- Support the Sales team in the quotation of projects;
- Lead periodic debrief meetings to analyse projects carried out, evaluate the work and adherence to market and agency quality standards, sharing internally best practices and solutions adopted;
- Collect specifications, perform analysis and produce project documents.
Skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience in managing a team as Backend Lead / Technical Team Lead or at least five years experience in the development of agency digital projects;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills;
- Ability to accurately estimate costs, time and resources required to implement solutions;
- Good knowledge of Agile methodology;
- Good knowledge of the English language.
- Excellent OOP development skills in PHP;
- Excellent knowledge of e-commerce workflows (catalogue management, promotions, payments, invoicing, reporting);
- Excellent knowledge of versioning systems (preferably Git);
- Thorough knowledge of at least one PHP MVC framework (preferably Laravel);
- Good knowledge of MySQL database and SQL language;
- Good knowledge of WordPress core and experience in developing WP themes and plugins;
- Good knowledge of Shopify platform, its configurations and Liquid language;
- Good knowledge of containerisation tools such as Docker or similar;
- Expertise in integrating external services such as ERP and CRM based on APIs;
- Proficiency in configuring Linux VPS for APACHE / NGINX / PHP / MySQL based webservers and installing SSL certificates;
- Security expertise on APACHE / NGINX / PHP / MySQL;
- Expertise in managing domains, DNS, basic hosting environments and familiarity with control panels (cPanel, DirectAdmin...).
What we offer:
- Full-time employment contract;
- Ticket Restaurant;
- Latest generation MacBook Pro;
- Training courses designed to deepen and enrich both soft skills and technical knowledge;
- Paid overtime or accumulation of hour bank;
- Corporate benefits platform;
- Indoor canteen area with Foorban, refrigerators and microwaves;
- Relaxation areas with table soccer, table tennis, musical instruments and games.
- Hybrid working and flexible hours.
Who we are
Playground is an independent digital agency established in 2006. We are a team of about 50 creatives, developers and strategists.
Our main areas of expertise are:
- Strategy and design;
- Development and Execution.
We design and implement digital experiences and content such as websites, web platforms, e-commerce, DEM campaigns, online contests, casual games, paid campaign content (banners and landing pages) and motion graphics videos. We take care of the whole production cycle, from strategy to UX design, from UI implementation to web development.
We operate in B2B to support the digital marketing of our clients such as The North Face, Inter F.C, Vans, Salewa, Timberland, Milan, Napapijri, to name a few. In the past two years, we have entered three prestigious rankings:
- 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies 2021 compiled by the Financial Times;
- Growth Leaders 2021 and 2022 compiled by Il Sole 24 Ore and Statista;
- Champions of Growth 2022, compiled by the German ITQF Institute in collaboration with La Repubblica Affari & Finanza.