Ecommerce Project Manager
You’ll support the sales team in the presentation, requirements gathering, quotation and proposal design phase.
You’ll be the key point of reference for project set-up, working closely with customers and the internal team, including UX/UI designers, strategists and developers. You will ensure the project success and total customer satisfaction.
We’re looking for a collaborative person with solid methodological training and the ability to provide high-quality and efficient solutions.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- You will work closely with the sales team to assess prospective projects to highlight needs, risks and requirements;
- You will participate in editing client proposals dealing with the technical aspects of the project);
- You will ensure customers convey their needs and problems by accompanying them in a digital transformation process capable of bringing real value to the investment they are making;
- You will give direct supervision to the project team during the entire life cycle of the assignment, acting as a point of reference both internally and to the client;
- You will ensure that projects are completed within the agreed timeframe to the full satisfaction of the client and the team;
- You will proactively manage critical and at-risk accounts; you will communicate effectively and appropriately with internal and external stakeholders seeking to mitigate conflicts and find solutions;
- You will transfer knowledge within the team;
- You will support the search for external suppliers.
Skills and qualifications:
- +5 years experience providing consultancy services, including team leadership and an active involvement in selling professional services;
- Broad knowledge of all the drivers that push a company to invest in ecommerce, from internal flows and dynamics (logistics, warehouse, customer care, suppliers etc.) to the commercial specificities of any business (multi-national reach, languages, currency, material goods, immaterial services etc);
- Proven experience in the eCommerce world and broad strategic and technical knowledge of the Spotify platform in every aspect and of the many functionalities offered from the Shopify App Store (for example, in the area of integrating with invoicing systems, management systems, PIM, WMS, ERP etc);
- Knowledge of dynamics and strategies related to ecommerce marketing;
- Ability to identify technical-structural issues and optimisation solutions on Shopify platforms already in use by customers;
- Ability to connect to and provide support to the Sales Team for strategic advice to customers on the choice of plan and functionality of the Shopify platform according to different needs;
- Knowledge of eCommerce platforms other than Shopify (e.g. Magento, Prestashop, WooCommerce, etc.) and their differences to facilitate their possible porting;
- Proven experience in project management on web projects (with specific expertise in design and development of web platforms and eCommerce);
- Basic knowledge of ecommerce-related taxation and the functioning of management systems;
- Familiarity with development department terminologies and issues;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Shopify and related versions;
- Good knowledge of the main ecommerce platforms;
- Excellent knowledge of project management (nice to have: PIM certification).
What we offer:
- Full-time employment contract;
- Ticket Restaurant;
- Latest generation MacBook Pro;
- Training courses designed to deepen and enrich both soft skills and technical knowledge;
- Paid overtime or accumulation of hour bank;
- Corporate benefits platform;
- Indoor canteen area with Foorban, refrigerators and microwaves;
- Relaxation areas with table soccer, table tennis, musical instruments and games;
- Hybrid working and flexible hours.
Who we are:
Playground is an independent digital agency established in 2006. We are a team of about 50 creatives, developers, strategists and project manager.
Our main areas of expertise are:
- Strategy and design;
- Development and Execution.
We design and implement digital experiences and content such as websites, web platforms, e-commerce, DEM campaigns, online contests, casual games, paid campaign content (banners and landing pages) and motion graphics videos. We take care of the whole production cycle, from strategy to UX design, from UI implementation to web development.
We operate in B2B to support the digital marketing of our clients such as The North Face, Inter F.C, Vans, Salewa, Timberland, Milan, Napapijri, to name a few. In the past two years, we have entered three prestigious rankings:
- 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies 2021 compiled by the Financial Times;
- Growth Leaders 2021 and 2022 compiled by Il Sole 24 Ore and Statista;
- Champions of Growth 2022, compiled by the German ITQF Institute in collaboration with La Repubblica Affari & Finanza.