Head of Creative
You will work with the creative team in the ideation and execution of pixel-perfect UI on various projects for national and international brands: web apps, social, digital strategy, eCommerce, experience pages, corporate sites etc.
You will be the key figure guiding the creative team, coordinating the activity, offering operational support and encouraging professional development. You will be the main reference point on assigned and managed projects, individually and/or in teams, ensuring the achievement of project objectives.
You will support the sales team in the quotation and budget elaboration phases, defining estimates for design effort in terms of both the creative output requested by the client and for the agency margins.
We are looking for a curious person with a strong drive to produce impactful visual work that is at the forefront of what is happening in digital media.
Tasks and responsibilities:
You work will be divided into two macro areas:
Management and coordination of the creative team
- You will organise and guide team meetings to foster collaboration, experience sharing and market insight;
- You will work proactively with individuals in your team, offering support/guidance and suggesting appropriate creative solutions, especially with new and junior team members;
- You will participate in weekly progress meetings as the spokesperson for the creative team to assist in the correct allocation of work based on the individual abilities and aptitudes;
- You will support HR in the selection of new candidates and semi-annually report on the progress of your team members, suggesting relevant training paths for the benefit of individuals and the company.
- You will work on assigned projects, designing wireframes, mockups, interactive prototypes using the main visual design tools (eg: Figma, Sketch, XD, Principle);
- You will support the effort estimates and drafting of project documents with the support of your team.
Skills and qualifications:
- At least 7 years proven experience in a role with a focus on User Interface Design themes;
- A portfolio that appropriately represents your background;
- Experience in coordinating and managing a design team;
- Experience working with Design Systems;
- Strong orientation towards team working, collaboration and support, always maintaining a constructive approach;
- Problem solving skills and an ability to rationalise your own ideas/intuitions;
- Excellent presentation and storytelling skills to communicate in a clear and structured manner to internal stakeholders and clients;
- Experiencing in project quotations and efforts in the pre-sales phase;
- Good knowledge of English.
- Knowledge and understanding of UX processes and fundamentals (interviews, personas, user tests, research, discovery etc);
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe suite (PS, AI, ID, XD);
- Proven experience in the realisation of interfaces and prototypes with Figma / Sketch (Figma preferable);
- Basic knowledge of developing fundamentals is appreciated (CSS, HTML) to create realistic proposals.
Nice to have:
- Master’s Degree in Design;
- Knowledge of After Effect for the realisation and editing of videos, animated banners, motion graphics and mockups;
- Knowledge of 3D modelling/animation software (Blender).
What we offer:
- Full-time contract;
- Ticket Restaurant;
- Latest generation MacBook Pro;
- Training courses to deepen and enrich your soft skills and technical knowledge;
- Paid over time or accrued hours;
- Corporate benefits platform;
- Kitchen area with fridges and microwaves;
- Chill out zone with table-football, ping-pong, musical instruments and gaming area;
- Hybrid working and flexible hours.
Who we are:
Playground is an independent digital agency established in 2006. We are a team of about 60 creatives, developers, strategists and project manager.
Our main areas of expertise are:
- Strategy and design;
- Development and Execution.
We design and implement digital experiences and content such as websites, web platforms, e-commerce, DEM campaigns, online contests, casual games, paid campaign content (banners and landing pages) and motion graphics videos. We take care of the whole production cycle, from strategy to UX design, from UI implementation to web development.
We operate in B2B to support the digital marketing of our clients such as The North Face, Inter F.C, Vans, Salewa, Timberland, Milan, Napapijri, to name a few. In the past two years, we have entered three prestigious rankings:
- 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies 2021 compiled by the Financial Times;
- Growth Leaders 2021, 2022 and 2023 compiled by Il Sole 24 Ore and Statista;
- Champions of Growth 2022 and 2023, compiled by the German ITQF Institute in collaboration with La Repubblica Affari & Finanza.