At Playground, we put people at the centre of digital solutions. We’re a tight-knit, collaborative crew working hard to create digital content and experiences that add tangible value for our clients. Our team is growing fast, and we’re looking for a New Business Developer to onboard clients at the international level.
Are you an out-of-the-box thinker? Self-motivated and curious? Are you eager to reach ambitious goals? Then you are in the right place.
As the New Business Developer, you will be tasked with finding new potential clients through active scouting and prospecting, attending events, keeping a pulse on the competition, and implementing Playground’s commercial strategy alongside the Digital Sales Director. Your role, together with the Digital Sales Director, will represent our voice and values as a company to external stakeholders. For that reason, we are looking for someone with experience in both digital and communications, with a strong command of english (written and spoken).
Tasks to perform:
- Represent the agency’s mission and vision, and stay updated on the projects carried out in the agency;
- Establish contact with potential clients;
- Prepare and customise presentations based on the scenario, making the most of the internal creative team’s support;
- Undertake agency presentation meetings, and acquire the necessary details to draft a collaboration proposal;
- Formalise client contracts;
- Propose up-selling and cross-selling services;
- Prepare documentation and preliminary offers for joining the tender;
- Scout online solutions that can enrich and/or optimise the agency’s services.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree, ideally with a postgraduate degree in Economics;
- 3+ years experience in commercial roles in the digital sector;
- Fluent written and spoken English (experience in an English-speaking territory is preferred);
- Excellent knowledge of digital business, with proven digital skills and web marketing (websites, DEM, SEM, SEO, display, social, apps);
- Ability to acquire new clients through prospecting and market analysis;
- Effective at managing communications with clients, and sharing them with internal departments;
- Willingness to develop the solutions offered to increase Playground’s strategic and economic value with clients;
- Ability to understand the strategies of potential clients, identifying new opportunities and proposing value-bearing solutions;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Punctual, precise, and self-organized;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Enjoy working in a team environment;
- Ability to build long-term strategic relationships;
- Ability to manage relations with stakeholders;
- Spirit of initiative and independence;
- Ability to travel in Italy and abroad.
What we offer:
- 15 days onboarding to understand company operations, involving presentations of the various teams, working methods, and the agency’s mission and vision;
- Fixed monthly salary, with a quarterly, target-driven bonus;
- Smartphone, Macbook, and corporate car;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Restaurant tickets & coffee;
- Modern office with spacious canteen area, chillout areas with board games, table football, ping-pong, arcade games, Playstation and Nintendo, musical instruments, and more;
Who we are
Playground is a Milan-based, independent digital agency born in 2006. We are a close-knit, multicultural team (40 people and counting) of creatives, developers, and marketers.
Our main areas of focus are:
- Development and execution
Our purpose is to make meaningful impact for our clients’ businesses – be it ambitious organizations or world-class brands like The North Face, Inter F.C, Vans, Salewa, Timberland, Superdry, and Napapijri.
We principally work with our clients’ owned media, managing their editorial plan and content production for social and paid media through videos, motion graphics, 2D/3D modeling, and animations.
Our HQ is in Cernusco sul Naviglio, Milan, reachable by the M2 Metro (green line).