Senior UI Designer
You’ll be part of the agency’s creative team and work under the guidance of the creative director on the for various projects for national and international brands. You’ll ideate and execute pixel-perfect UIs for web apps, social, digital strategy, eCommerce, experience pages, corporate sites and much more.
Coordinated by a Project Manager, you’ll work in direct contact with an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, copywriters and front-end/back-end developers, with the aim of creating innovative and unique solutions that meet the company’s constantly evolving needs.
We are looking for a driven individual with a strong drive to produce impactful visual work that is at the forefront of what is happening in digital media.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Gathering and analysing briefs, devising solutions optimised for the client's needs, discussing them with the Project Manager and the Creative Director;
- Creating layouts and pixel-perfect interfaces with a big focus on usability and accessibility, without sacrificing the aesthetics;
- Develop wireframes, mockups and interactive prototypes optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces using the main development tools (Figma, Sketch, XD, Principle for Mac etc.);
- Develop, organise and complete Design System and complex big media;
- Develop effective layouts, enhancing the content through the skilful use of icons, images, infographics and ad hoc interactions.
Skills and qualifications:
- Masters degree in the Design field with a focus on user interface design themes, and/or 3-5 years of experience as a UI Designer / Digital Art Director in a similar role;
- A portfolio that sufficiently reflects your background;
- Strong aptitude for team working, collaborating and supporting colleagues, always maintaining a constructive approach;
- Strong problem solving skills and an ability to rationalise your own ideas/intuitions;
- Good storytelling and presentation skills to clearly and logically communicate your ideas with internal stakeholders and clients;
- Experience in producing quotes and estimates for assigned activities;
- Good knowledge of the English language.
- Knowledge and understanding of UX fundamentals (interviews, personas, user tests, research, discovery etc);
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe suite (PS, AI, ID, XD);
- Proven experience in creating interfaces and prototypes with Figma / Sketch (Figma preferable);
- Basic theoretical understanding of development (CSS, HTML, GSAP, Three.js) to create realistic proposals.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of After Effect for creating and editing videos, animated banners, motion graphics and mockups;
- Knowledge of modelling/3D animation software (Blender).
What we offer:
- Full-time employment contract;
- Ticket Restaurant;
- Latest generation MacBook Pro;
- Training courses designed to deepen and enrich both soft skills and technical knowledge;
- Paid overtime or accumulation of hour bank;
- Corporate benefits platform;
- Indoor canteen area with refrigerators and microwaves;
- Relaxation areas with table soccer, table tennis, musical instruments and games;
- Hybrid working and flexible hours.
Who we are:
Playground is an independent digital agency established in 2006. We are a team of about 60 creatives, developers, strategists and project manager.
Our main areas of expertise are:
- Strategy and design;
- Development and Execution.
We design and implement digital experiences and content such as websites, web platforms, e-commerce, DEM campaigns, online contests, casual games, paid campaign content (banners and landing pages) and motion graphics videos. We take care of the whole production cycle, from strategy to UX design, from UI implementation to web development.
We operate in B2B to support the digital marketing of our clients such as The North Face, Inter F.C, Vans, Salewa, Timberland, Milan, Napapijri, to name a few. In the past two years, we have entered three prestigious rankings:
- 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies 2021 compiled by the Financial Times;
- Growth Leaders 2021, 2022 and 2023 compiled by Il Sole 24 Ore and Statista;
- Champions of Growth 2022 and 2023, compiled by the German ITQF Institute in collaboration with La Repubblica Affari & Finanza.