You’ll be part of the agency’s creative team and work under the guidance of the creative director on the for various projects for national and international brands. You’ll ideate and execute pixel-perfect UIs for web apps, social, digital strategy, eCommerce, experience pages, corporate sites and much more.
Coordinated by a Project Manager, you’ll work in direct contact with an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, copywriters and front-end/back-end developers, with the aim of creating innovative and unique solutions that meet the company’s constantly evolving needs.
We are looking for a driven individual with a strong drive to produce impactful visual work that is at the forefront of what is happening in digital media.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Gathering and analysing briefs, devising solutions optimised for the client's needs, discussing them with the Project Manager and the Creative Director;
- Creating layouts and pixel-perfect interfaces with a big focus on usability and accessibility, without sacrificing the aesthetics;
- Develop wireframes, mockups and interactive prototypes optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces using the main development tools (Figma, Sketch, XD, Principle for Mac etc.);
- Create and consolidate Design System and complex big media;
- Develop engaging and effective layouts, enhancing the content through the skilful use of icons, images, infographics and ad hoc interactions.
Skills and qualifications:
- Masters degree in the Design field with a focus on user interface design themes, and/or at least 3 years of experience as a UI Designer / Digital Art Director in a similar role;
- A portfolio that sufficiently reflects your background;
- Strong aptitude for team working, collaborating and supporting colleagues, always maintaining a constructive approach;
- Strong problem solving skills and an ability to rationalise your own ideas/intuitions;
- Good storytelling and presentation skills to clearly and logically communicate your ideas with internal stakeholders and clients;
- Experience in producing quotes and estimates for assigned activities;
- Good knowledge of the English language.
- Knowledge and understanding of UX fundamentals (interviews, personas, user tests, research, discovery etc);
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe suite (PS, AI, ID, XD) and in particular AFTER EFFECTS for creating and editing videos, animated banners, motion graphics and mockups;
- Proven experience in creating interfaces and prototypes with at least one of the follow software programmes: Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Principle;
- Basic theoretical understanding of development (CSS, HTML, GSAP, Three.js) to create realistic proposals.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of modelling/3D animation software (Blender).
What we offer
- Full-time contract;
- Ticket Restaurant;
- Latest generation MacBook Pro;
- Training courses to boost and consolidate your skills in the creative field;
- Paid overtime and time bank hours;
- Corporate benefits platform;
- Office kitchen with a fully-stocked Foorban fridge;
- Chillout area with table football, ping-pong, musical instruments and Playstation 5;
- Hybrid working and flexible hours (even after COVID-19);
- A cool Playground Welcome Kit.
Who we are
Playground is a Milan-based, independent digital agency born in 2006. We are a close-knit, multicultural team (40 people and counting) of creatives, developers, and marketers.
Our main areas of focus are:
- Development and execution.
Our purpose is to make meaningful impact for our clients’ businesses – be it ambitious organizations or world-class brands like The North Face, Inter F.C, Vans, Salewa, Timberland, Superdry, and Napapijri.
We principally work with our clients’ owned media, managing their editorial plan and content production for social and paid media through videos, motion graphics, 2D/3D modeling, and animations.
Our HQ is in Cernusco sul Naviglio, Milan, reachable by the M2 Metro (green line).